top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need for the application?

- Your high school graduation certificate and a notarized, translated copy of it (or a certificate about your expected graduation date)
- A copy of your passport
- Your transcript of grades and a notarized translation of it

What happens if I don't get accepted to my desired university?

If a student is hard-working during the whole year and shows good results then we can help him/her to apply to another Hungarian university.

How can I apply for a visa?

After a successful admission to the preparatory program we will send you the official Letter of Acceptance. This is necessary for your visa application. You can apply for a visa online: For more information contact your national Hungarian Embassy or Consulate. Find the list of embassies here.

What if my visa application gets rejected?

Unfortunately in this case we can not accept you to the program as you are not able to enter the country. In this case though your tuition fee could be recovered. You have to inform the Institution within maximum 3 days after receiving the official rejection from the Hungarian Embassy by sending us the official note of rejection as well as a declaration form.

How much money do I need for a month to live in Budapest?

It depends on your needs. Some costs, that can help you calculate it:
Monthly pass for transportation:35€
Rental fee for an apartment(including the bills): from 350€
Lunch: from 10€
Dinner: from 15€
Coffee, tea: from 1€

Is PIFIS a university?

No, PIFIS is a private preparatory institution in official cooperation with several Hungarian university. This also means that you are not entilted to a student card during the preparatory year.

bottom of page